JSL Services Group Limited understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, jslgroup.co.uk / jsleducation.co.uk / jslconnect.co.uk or jslbusiness.co.uk (“Our Sites”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We may use the following cookies:
· Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
· Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
· Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
· Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Our cookies help us:
• Make our website work as you’d expect
• Remember your settings during and between visits
• Improve the speed/security of the site
• Continuously improve our website for you
• Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
• Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
• Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
• Pass data to advertising networks
• Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
• Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below:
Name of Cookie Purpose
Functionality Cookie – mobile version of site
Functionality Cookie – For admin WP settings
Functionality cookie – to perform an action
Functionality cookie – send to Flash
Performance Cookie – used for AB testing of new features
Performance Cookie – identifies which user signup flow was shown to the user.
Performance Cookies – tracks the source of new user signups.
Performance Cookies – collection of internal metrics for user activity, used to improve user experience
Performance cookies for chat transcripts – you can request a copy of the chat transcript to be sent to you
_gat _gad _ga _gali
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website and WordPress forms.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please see below list of common internet browser settings to change your settings:
Internet Explorer – Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, select Safety then click Delete browsing history, select the Cookies checkbox and then click Delete.
Firefox – Open Firefox, click the Firefox button (top left) then Options, select the Privacy tab then select “remove individual cookies”.
Google Chrome – Open Google Chrome, click the Spanner image in the top right corner, select Settings, then click “show advanced settings”. In the Privacy section click the Content Settings button, in the Cookies section click the “All cookies and site data” button, then click the Remove all button at the top of the list.
Safari – Open Safari, select the Options icon (top right corner ‘spanner image’), then select Preferences, click the Privacy tab, and select the Details button and then click Remove all.
Microsoft Edge – To block cookies: go to More > Settings. Select View advanced settings. Under Privacy and services > Cookies, choose the right option for you: Block all cookies doesn’t let any website save cookies to your computer.
Block only third party cookies allows cookies from the website you’re on, but blocks cookies from external web services, like from ads embedded on webpages you visit.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Except for essential cookies, other cookies will expire after 1 month.
Serious GDPR data breach at a Rochester Grammar School
Rochester Grammar School has reported itself to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) after a serious GDPR data breach (from the BBC).
An unencrypted USB stick containing data of over 1000 pupils was lost and handed back to the school by a member of the public.
This failure to follow GDPR policies has left the school open to potentially huge fines, highlighting the absolute need for not only training staff in GDPR procedures but ensuring all policies are followed – and the reasons why. For Security ANY data leaving School premises MUST be in an encrypted format.
GDPR in schools
GDPR in schools, what does this mean?
“We were moving to a new office which needed WiFi installing throughout. With fairly tight deadlines JSL were able to supply us with all the testing kit we needed to make sure we bought what was right for us. The entire team were friendly and helpful throughout the process and continue to offer great after sales support. I would happily use them again and recommend them to anyone.”
It is great to work with a company who gives 110% to its customers. I have worked in NHS, private and education over the years and I will have to say that JSL are the first IT support company who I have actually enjoyed working with!
School Business Manager, Heritage House School
“The support I get from JSL is fantastic and this helps my school team feel empowered with their use of ICT. We have built up an excellent relationship with our dedicated support technician and as a result all issues in school are resolved every fortnight!”
Deputy Head Teacher, Iver Village Junior School
JSL has supported our school for a number of years. They have advised us on appropriate equipment to buy and have arranged purchase, delivery, installation and speedy resolution of any problems. All of their personnel are extremely friendly and have shown great patience when helping school staff, especially those who are less confident when using new technology. We have always been delighted with their service!
Mrs Jan Tyson
Headteacher, Turnfurlong Infant School
JSL are quick to respond to problems. They will listen to our vision and work with us to give us the systems to achieve our goals! Forward thinking, forever looking at improvements but always in mind of best value!
School Business Director, Booker Park & Stocklake Park Schools, The Vale Federation of Special Schools